Welcome Guest!Saturday, December 7, 2013
You are required to maintain a headline and personal introduction, however there are 4 additional portions of your Introduction section which are optional. However, keep in mind that writing a personal introduction is a great advantage. You should outline as much as possible about yourself in a positive and uplifting way. Our members will greatly enjoy and appreciate learning about your likes and dislikes, habits and interests as well as the type of person you seek. The best way to spark interest, attract attention, and maximize your responses is to share as much as possible about yourself with other members within our community. Completing all of your Introduction sections will increase responses to your profile up to 15 times, and greatly enhance your user experience on our site.
In order to provide the highest degree of security for you and other members, we require you not to include your e-mail address or other sensitive information in your personal introduction.Edit Your Profile
To make changes or complete your profile you must be logged in to your account.
From your member home page select Edit Profile from the left navigation menu.
Your profile is divided into 4 'tabbed' sections, just select the tab of the area you would like to edit
When you have finished making changes select the "Save Changes" or "Submit For Approval' buttons at the bottom of the sections:
About Me: includes Basics, Your Interests and Lifestyle preferences.
I Am Seeking: includes the physical features and values you may be interested in.
My Introduction: includes your headline, introduction plus 4 other areas to express yourself that were not available during the initial registration process.
My Photos: Upload and organize your photos here.
Updates which use the "Save Changes" button will be reflected online immediately all others will be updated pending approval.
A headline is a short introductory phrase for your profile. It must contain at least 2 characters and no longer than 140 characters.
In order for us to provide the highest degree of security for you and our members, we do not allow any personal info to include addresses, phone numbers, or other personally identifiable info in your headline.
- A Headline is a catchy phrase to describe yourself in just a few words and get people to be interested in you.
- A Headline should be brief, simple and funny. Nobody wants to read a headline that is too long. The best headlines are short and have humor in it. Be light and playful.
- Capture a quote from one of your favorite author, poet or artist. It does not have to be humorous- just enough to start a conversation.
- Use a TV ad slogan and make it describe you. Commercials are good icebreakers and a good conversation starter like "SWF Seeks To Share With a Special Guy the Path to a Great Relationship"
- Write honestly about yourself; don't just write what you think will get you a lot of replies. Cliche headlines like "Generous Hottie Who Wants to Romance You" come across as insincere even if they are true. A better version would be, "Soft Spoken Guy Looking for Steady Relationship with an Intelligent Woman." Again, this version says a more about you, and what you're looking for It's better to be upfront to get quality responses.
- Don't sound negative and imply neediness. Examples: Fun, Pretty Women 28, Seeks Fun Handsome Male in Miami, or Upbeat, Professional Guy Seeks Quality Lady
- Focus on the positive aspects of your personality.
- Be very polite, personal, at the same time and be witty. Using the word "you" and asking a question are both great techniques for drawing people into your dating profile. Don't be afraid to be sensitive.
- Don't misspell ever. This implies you're in a rush. Have fun and try to include who you are, what you like, and the type of person you seek in a short catchy phrase. Don't be extreme or too corny.
- Be courteous, playful, honest, and direct. Let everyone know how awesome you are, and give other viewers of your profile a sense of your worldly appeal that will fire up interest from a potential match.
Writing a personal introduction is a great advantage. You should outline as much as possible about yourself in a positive and uplifting way. Our members will greatly enjoy and appreciate learning about your likes and dislikes, habits and interests as well as the type of person you seek.
The best way to spark interest, attract attention, and maximize your responses is to share as much as possible about yourself with other members within our community. This will increase your responses up to 15 times to your profile, and greatly enhance your user experience on our site.
In order for us to provide the highest degree of security for you and our members, we do not allow any personal info to include addresses, phone numbers, or other personally identifiable info in your personal Introduction or the other 4 portions of your Introduction sections.
- Take your time. Write your text so that others will be desperate to contact you by emphasizing the best things about you like strengths and goals. Write from the heart and soul when compiling your ideas.
- People who feel good about themselves make others feel good too. Let people know you have the ability to share, and how you as a person can benefit a partner, and how fun it is to spend time with you.
- Shoot for the stars. You want to be loved, appreciated, and respected. Express this in your own words, and let others know that you are able and willing to reciprocate the positive energy for another person that you desire for yourself.
- Emphasize your best and unique traits. Be totally honest always. People catch on quick to insincerity. Play a little hard to get but with a fun flare.
- Explain how you want someone to make you feel, not just your interests and lifestyle preferences. Example: Share your interests, but explain why you feel sharing them can lead to something deeper and meaningful.
- Are you a person that can laugh with others, make you feel cherished, respectful, kind, and in touch with their emotions, confident in their body, generous of spirit. Let others know.
- Write the 3 best qualities about you. Don't be pretentious, brag, like telling others what a sex symbol you are.
- Don't just tell people about your qualities, show them. Don't just say "I love music" - describe what kind of music you like. Write something like "I love 50's Rock 'n' Roll 8, Rockabilly etc.
- Tell people what are your must-haves and things that you simply cant tolerate but be honest and light in doing so. Again, being open, honest, and comfortable with yourself is in itself a very attractive trait.
- Polish your profile for at least a day, and then come back and edit. Correct any grammatical and spelling errors. You can add anything you think might make the profile better or remove anything that seems needless.
- Adjust, as you go. Add new things as you think of them. You have the power because you are one of a kind. There is no one exactly like you. How wonderful is the fact you are totally unique!
You may Hide or Show Your Profile from public view by toggling between show or hide in your visibility settings.
You can access this page several ways:
From your member home page, select 'Visibility Settings' from the left navigation menu From the top of any page, select the account link, then select the 'Settings' tab.
Note: No member will have the ability to find your profile in any "new" search if it is hidden. If members have saved you as a Favorite they can contact you. If other members still have messages from you in their inbox, and then if they click on the link to your profile from within their inbox (or from the photo link within the contents of a message from you), they will see a page stating that your profile is currently unavailable, but those members also may still contact you.
The Search Results View of your profile is how it appears when someone searches for it. However, if your profile was hidden, it would not appear in any "new" searches. Your profile will appear in saved searches, but it cannot be fully opened to view the entire profile.
If you are looking for information on deleting your profile, click here